Monday, July 8, 2013

October Afternoon Mini Books

Happy Monday everyone. I am fresh off a week's vacation with my wonderful family. We had so much fun swimming, cooking, fishing, and hanging out. How blessed am I!

Before I left for vacation I made these mini books for my nieces and nephews. I thought it would be cute to have them make books of their own. Well, I made the books, but they created the stories.

This is how I made them...

I took an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of white printer paper.
I cut a piece 4 inches high and 8 1/2 inches long.
I scored it in half at 4 1/4 inches.
Then I trimmed it to 4 inches.

I took a piece of twine and tied the paper together to form a book.

I used October Afternoon 8x8 paper for the cover.
Here, I cut a piece of cardstock 1 inch wide by 4 inches tall.
Then I scored that piece at 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, 5/8 inch, and 3/4 inch.
Then I fold the cardstock to look like the above piece.

I adhered this "book edge" piece to the paper pages.

Then I cut 2 pieces of matching cardstock 4x4 and adhered it to the front and back paper pages.
Now my mini book is created.


I made 6 little books.
The circles in the center were paper punched for the title of the books.

Supplies

 Woodland Park Paper Pad 8" x 8" 46 Sheets
October Afternoon "Woodland Park" 8x8 paper pad
found here for $8.75

Hope you enjoyed this little project. It was a big hit with the kiddos. And a fun project for me to make!





















1 comment:

  1. Fantastiv idea Carissa!! Sure missed being with you all! I'm sure the kids loved them!

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!