Sunday, November 4, 2012

Snip and Folder Mini Album : #1

I found this post from LAST YEAR. For some reason it never posted. Weird. So here it is. I made this last May. Hahaha.

I love this simple and easy mini album. This was the first attempt for me at a mini album. I was inspired by a tutorial from Laura Denison at Following the Papertrail. She has the most creative paper crafting ideas and projects. She really puts a lot of detail into her mini albums! I needed a mini quick to put some pics of my kiddos in.

I used a 12x12 piece of cardstock and scored at 6 inches. Then I turned the paper and scored again every 3 inches. I cut along every other score line and "flipped and folded" as shown in Laura's tutorial.

I added some chipboard for the front and back cover measuring 3"x6". Then I covered it with patterned paper. I cut out some flowers from the Mother's Day Bouquet Cricut Cartridge at varying sizes. I Cuttlebuged some of the flowers for texture. Then I rolled the petal edges to give depth. And of course added some rhinestone bling for the center.

   

To bind the folded pages I punched out several 3" flowers, folded them, and adhered them to each side of the pages. The insides of the pages are just pictures and journaling - pretty plain.

To see the full tutorial by Laura Denison and her "Flip and Fold Mini Album" just click here and find her on youtube!

1 comment:

  1. Carissa, super cute! I am amazed at Laura's mini's also. She is local here and I just can't get enough of the detail she puts into each of her mini's. They are great... just like YOURS!! You rock on the Mini's girl!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!