Thursday, February 2, 2012

Keep Calm Card

I made this card for my brother-in-law for his birthday. Ahhh - the dreaded masculine card! I kept seeing the "Keep Calm and (fill in the blank)" posters on Pinterest and I was inspired. My BIL has the original "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster hanging in his home. So I thought "I can make that into a card".

You can see I made my own version of this phrase.
I used my Gypsy to line up the letters. I cut out the letters and used the negative for the card.
Easy peasy!

Then of course the inside phrase is a tribute to my BIL masculine nature! Haha!

I used the alphabet font from the Cricut Cartridge "Nate's ABCs". And of course the crown is from the Cricut Cartridge "Once Upon a Princess". The paper and stamps are from Papertrey Ink.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed! Great job designing that - looks like it would be difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card! I've been wanting to make a "Keep Calm and Drink Tea" piece for our kitchen and didn't know how I was going to accomplish it. Using the negative space is fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!