Monday, September 19, 2011

FCCB Challenge #78 - A Pirate's Life

Good Monday to you all! We've been having some very chilly weather lately. I love wrapping up in a blanket and watching a movie with something warm to drink! I am ready for fall!

This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is "A Pirate's Life" : Make a pirate themed project.

There are so many Cricut cartridges that have pirate cuts on them. It was hard to choose what direction I wanted to go with this project. Then I got the new Sweet Tooth Boxes project cart in my hot little hands and I knew I wanted to make a treasure chest.


I cut the "Toolbox" cut in all the layers and assembled it as shown in the cart manual. It was really easy! You will need a scoring tool (I use the Martha Stewart score board) and some strong roll tape (I used my ATG).

When I was all done my "treasure chest" looked a little plain. So I added some of my own detailing. Instead of the handle on top, I cut out the handle twice and rolled / glued the new handles to each side of the chest. I also cut the brown panels out myself. I ran them through a Papertrey Ink wood embossing plate to add some grainy texture then Distress Ink the grain for some depth. A few brass brads and we were looking more treasure chesty.


My daughter was having a "Pirate Princess" birthday party so the treasure chest was perfect for her pirate booty treat bags. Too cute!

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable. What kid wouldn't love a cute treasure box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Any little "pirate" would love this! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super box! The paper you've used is fantastic with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza! Love this treasure chest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute! I love the wood grain embossing folder you used, it's so realistic! I am sure your daughter loved giving out her birthday treats in this treasure chest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable, I am a new follower. Hope you will come visit me I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carissa, your treasure chest looks so real...great job on it!

    Big Crafty Hugs!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project!! I absolutely love it!! I think that these projects are always more girl friendly this one is amazing for boys!! That paper choice is excellent!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lovely,
    This is simply Fantabulous! I absolutely love the wood grain texture. Right on! Seriously awesome project. You always amaze me! :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you are so crafty! This is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I would take one of those for MY BIRTHDAY Carissa!!! It is adorable!!! Great job once again!

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!