Friday, July 8, 2011

Pool Card

Hope everyone is enjoying this awesome summer weather we're having in the Midwest right now. My kiddos are outside from dawn till dusk. They make me exhausted just watching them. And my little girl is becoming quite the daredevil in the pool. Yikes! 

I was inspired to make this card with plastic acetate because of the "pool" feel. I ran it through my Cuttlebug "Divine Swirls" folder for more texture. Then I chalk inked it (along with everything else on this card) to death.


I love how it turned out so textural. And the beach ball is floating on top of the water while all the friends play beneath.



I welded the card and the circle cut out with my Gypsy. Then all the layers fit perfectly together and I got a big whole in my card.


I am entering this card in two challenge blogs. First at Fantabulous Cricut (pool theme) and then at Scrapalicious USA (Challenge #10 : use turquoise). Hooray for challenge blogs. Love it!



12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the acetate water-- brilliant! Thanks for creating with us at Fantabulous Cricut this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, u did an awesoem job! Will have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the frame!! The embossed acetate looks soooo neat!

    Thanks for playing with us at Stampfairy Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! What a fabulous idea! I love it. I might just have to scraplift it. Have never seen anything like this before. You're over the top here! Beautiful card; terrific idea, so creative!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Love the acetate "water" too. Thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cool! I have never seen anything like this...very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, how cute is that? I love the acetate...just adorable, perfect summer time card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so darn cute! I am going to have to try that for sure. Awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like your pool card. Creative use of the acetate. I'm a new follower of your blog. Please ck out my blog if you like.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of embossing the acetate! I will have to use this in the future.

    I left you something on my blog.

    onceuponapaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! Love your idea using the acetate!!
    I am now one of your followers! :)

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!