Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dalmatian Birthday Card

My baby nephew is turning 1 and we are celebrating his birthday this weekend. My son and I whipped out this birthday card for him while my daughter napped. I just love how eager my son is to help craft. He can load my Cricut, change the size, push all the right buttons in the right order, move the blade, cut, unload and then dismount from the mat. He does all this while mommy is working on the layout!! How lucky am I!!


I love using scrap paper and filling up my mat with all the little pieces. Then I only have to load and unload once. I used the dalmatian image from Create a Critter Cricut cartridge and cut all the layers. My son insisted on cutting out the dog house too. Good idea buddy!



I used my Cuttlebug with Argyle embossing folder for some added texture.



Inside the card I used a Papertrey Ink fillable frames die set and stamp. It was my first time using the set and it worked like a charm. So easy to make a quick sentiment. Love it!


1 comment:

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!