Friday, June 10, 2011

Dad You're the Bomb

I have the greatest Dad in the whole wide world! He comes to the rescue when I have car trouble or house trouble. He is always the first to lend a helping hand. He is awesome with my kiddos - they just love their Papa! And he is the best guy to just talk to.

Spoiler alert Dad - you will be getting the card on Father's day. Ooops.

I tried to find one of the manliest images on my Gypsy. And I found this bomb on Indie Art. Then the rest of this card just fell into place. I cut out the DAD from Blackletter using the shadow feature. Then I welded the words "you're the" together using a Cuttin' Up font. I cut out the bomb using the shadow, blackout, and base images. The other two explosions are from Create a Critter and Mother's Day Bouquet.


I layered the images and patterned paper for interest. The paper I used was from We R Memory Keepers and Core'dinations. Then for some manly bling I added the four black brads on the top and bottom.


I added some homemade pop dots to the back of DAD to add dimension. I think my favorite part of this card is the black pop dots. You can't see them!!

The inside of the card has orange cardstock and the word "Celebrate" stamped in the corner.

Thanks Dad!!




4 comments:

  1. Awesome card. I love the bright colors. love the sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What a fun sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Too funny! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    Marlene
    FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!